Ongoing Research Activities
- Randomized Control Trial (RCT) and Qualitative Study:
- To explore the impact of PODS on understanding and adherence to discharge instructions and unscheduled visits.
- To explore the contextual roles of process, system & provider engagement needed when providing discharge instructions.
- To identify patient-level characteristics that might impact the use and effectiveness of discharge instructions.
Link to the clinical trials page: https://clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/NCT02673892
- If you are interested in enrolling patients as part of this exciting study, please contact our research coordinator (Shoshana Hahn-Goldberg) or principal investigators (Dr. Karen Okrainec or Dr. Howard Abrams)
- ARTIC Implementation
- PODS was granted funding to help implement the tool throughout 25 hospitals in Ontario
- The community of practice is starting up in May and all are welcome to join! Contact Shoshana Hahn-Goldberg if you are interested in being part of the implementation of PODS
- Other ongoing Initiatives
If you have already evaluated PODS in your own care setting, we’d love to hear about it! Feel free to contact Dr. Karen Okrainec and we could include your work here.
interested in taking part in this initiative?